Like Zis, Like Zat...

Opening Night for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was last night. Today is the traditional Dia de los Exhausted around here. The past three weeks went by in a complete blur of paint, meetings, 4 days off to actually teach children (my day job), more paint, and tech rehearsals every night until 11 or 11:30. We are all exhausted, we have all worked extraordinarily hard, and we sure hope this play sells tickets. It should. It is laugh-your-butt-off funny.

Confession: Usually, after having to watch rehearsal for four straight nights-- and especially (may the gods of musical comedy forgive me) ESPECIALLY after having to watch a musical four straight nights-- by the time opening night rolls around on the fifth night, I am searching for the escape hatch. Seriously. Picture falling asleep each night with that little goat-herd song from The Sound of Music looping endlessly in your sleep deprived brain. But this musical? Every night I heard something new to laugh at. Every morning I woke up humming something from the show and it actually made me smile! It really is a good play.  That being said, my job there, barring possible paint touch-ups, is over, and I now have some time to work on my own art. Right after I clean my poor neglected abode...

Comments