Done, and Done.

Whew. Those were two intense weeks. But the fantasy finish floor is finito (pardon the alliteration). The finish on the floor appears to be holding up just fine, and the poobahs are happy with the way it looks. My old painting mentor designed the floor, and four of us painted it to her specs. Three of us are old friends accustomed to working together, and one of us is a new, and much younger painter. She fit right in, I am happy to say. Her painting skills are admirable, and she didn't complain when we gave her more of the crawl-on-floor jobs because her knees bend more readily than ours do. We did literally paint ourselves out the door and into the elevator!















While I am not unhappy, I am less happy with the set.  I know that I aspire to a pretty high standard.  I don't like to settle for mediocrity and I work hard to make things look good. There were design snafus this time that caused me to have to paint things over and over as they were adjusted and redesigned, and that is frustrating. But the job is done, and now I can once again turn my attention to my own work in the studio. And that is a good thing.

Comments