More Life in These Parts


We are continuing work on that bath, although bad colds, bad weather, and a little theatre project for Mr. B took precedence for a bit.

This weekend he spent time constructing the lovely cabinet, which meant I got to help. Drawer fronts, cabinet doors, and shelves are all nearly ready for the finisher, lovingly sanded by yours truly.  I love wood. I love it when it's still on the tree, I love lichen-encrusted branches blown down by the wind, and I love wood sanded to a satiny smoothness and finished to let the grain take star billing.

I also love painting faux wood, as many of you know, and I'm sure my affection for the real thing has helped me a great deal in my painting of the faux thing. Here are a couple shots of one of my favorite projects, the set of Theatre Northwest's production of The Final Toast, a Sherlock Holmes play written by my friend, the late Stuart Kaminsky. The first shows the fireplace as I was working in the shop. The second shows it on stage, where, yes, all the wood, including wainscoting and floor, was faux painted by me. I think it is some of my best work so far.


Comments