What Color is Your Town today?









Not my own town today, but let's just call it my adopted town for a day. Each December my mom's friend Lucy hires a coach, emails her friends (who all share the cost) and we all head to Leavenworth for one day of lunch, shopping, and camaraderie. The trip over the mountain pass is always serene, chilly, monochromatic beauty.
But when we arrive, we are greeted with every color of the rainbow in a snowy Christmas town. I rarely purchase anything beyond lunch, afternoon tea and pastry at the bakery, and perhaps some gluhwein just before the tree lighting, but I happily tag along with everyone else. It's a day of simple indulgence, picture-taking, and time spent with family, and for me, better than a spa day could ever be.
















Happy Holidays!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful sight, this looks so much like Christmas. Ours is very blue today, after lots of rain we now have a lovely blue sky and sunshine at last. Thanks for visiting and have a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment