Happy New Year

December wasn't the easiest month here. Mr. B spent the holidays in Arizona, helping his dad after shoulder surgery, while I stayed here, battling a bad case of bronchitis. Then, on Christmas Day, the unthinkable happened, and his lovely mom passed away unexpectedly. I am so grateful he was there with his parents when this occurred, but still, we are so sad. Alys was a beautiful, unique woman, known for her sense of humor, crazy earrings, terrible cooking, and her ability to eat chili hot enough to bring the rest of us, choking and sputtering, to our knees. I will miss her very much, but I choose to think instead about how my life was enriched by knowing her. And in March, when a certain little someone is born, her middle name will come from her great-grandma, and that will make us all smile every time we hear it.












So, we start another year today, and I look forward to babies, and weddings, and finally finishing the bathroom remodel! As usual, I hope to squeeze in as much studio time as I can. 2011 will be as good as we make it, so let's all make it good. Best wishes to you all.

Comments