And Now for the Good News

It has been a challenging few months, and there have been some pretty terrible moments, but truly, it isn't all bad. So now for the Good Things. In February my son Sam and his lovely BFF Jeanette announced their engagement. How lucky am I to have sons who have chosen such fantastic partners? It's a good match, we are all very happy, and looking forward to a wedding later in the year.

In March, I got news that TWO--yes, TWO-- of my books had been chosen for inclusion in 500 Handmade Books, Vol 2, to be published by Lark Books in early September. Oh you better believe I did a little dance around the house when I got that news.

Our Puget Sound Book Arts group once again helped with the Tacoma Wayzgoose celebration last weekend. Wayzgoose is always a lot of fun, and the highlight of the event, as always, is the steamroller printing. It was interesting to see that some printmakers did some hand coloring of their prints this year, just to mix it up a little.










All the prints are fantastic, but this year my favorite was most definitely the cat. Seriously, who hasn't felt like that at least once?

Comments